Tuesday, June 5, 2007

What's Up With 'These Tacos'

Just a little note of explanation.

Saucy Sally and I met in 2005 when we were interning at
High-Falutin' magazine. Saucy Sally was the food intern, and I (Betty) was the Web intern. We've been living together since August 2006 in the D.C. area.

Saucy Sally tends to cook every week night. She's incredibly good at planning and organizing the dinner menu (seriously. I'll have to post a list one of these days) and making sure we have good food on the table nearly every night. (I do my part by entertaining Saucy Sally with my crazy antics while she cooks. I also have clean-up and garbage duty. Sometimes I wash my hands, don my hair net, and get my rear-end into the kitchen to help out with prep work.)

We joke that Saucy Sally is practicing on me for later life and that her future husband will come onto the scene with a large debt to yours truly.

Anyhow, I did a little freaking out a couple weeks ago when THE position became available at
High-Falutin' magazine. Saucy Sally is applying for it, and we're both keeping our fingers crossed. In the mean time, though, I'll be adding this here blog to my list of duties. Sally is typically elbow-deep in flour or or heading out the door to gather fresh herbs from the patio garden, so I'll be the main poster.

It's a place where the two of us can keep our recipes along with alterations to and notes about those recipes. It's primarily for our use, but we're leaving it open to the public so we can send friends and family here for certain items and because we thought someone else out there in the blogosphere might find it useful at some point.

No comments: